make a screen page password

grazianogogo

Supporting Member
Hello everybody,
I am using factorytalk to make a SE version program.
i would like to set up a password to open a specific display . All this independent from the user name and password. are there any ways to setup this?
Thankyou very much for your help :geek:
Graziano

Its a while since I used SE. But I guess you can set up access levels in security section.

Then on the button to open the screen check the currentUserHas(X) before you open the screen.

Alternatively you set the buttons visibility to false unless the user has the right access level to open the screen?

I'm thinking of using strings to compare user name and password in the PLC, and let the PLC control the jump to the locked display.

Jack

Agree.
Best to keep password in the PLC code. FactoryTalk security gets messed up if you archive the project and have another programmer work on the application.

We do this all the time, one guy develops the app. that gets archived in a DropBox folder. Another programmer that needs to do other work, or act as a backup when original programmer is not avaible, takes the app and develops on his laptop. At the point all the security user name passwords are messed up.

Don't know if this issue has been resolved, but we stopped using the internal security for this reason.

I was going to disagree until I finished reading your post Curly.

I'm perfer not to do security in PLC but your right about SE. It does mess up security if you archive the project.

I was going to disagree until I finished reading your post Curly.

I'm perfer not to do security in PLC but your right about SE. It does mess up security if you archive the project.

I think the internal security is tied in with Windows security .
I agree that within PLC code is not very secure, but our thinking on that has been if someone bad can get online and see the password in PLC code, they can probably do a lot more damage online with the PLC than being able to access a screen.

Thank you everybody for the ideas,
i did in this way not to smart but simple....
i let the operator to open a page but he can't modify any parameters;
for modify the parameter there is a string input (hide by poligon)where to write a password ..if the password is rigth.. in the parameters area will be enable the numeric input and will be visible another two buttons to conform or exit the new setting.
all the parameter will be saved inside Plc ...passaword is a float tag in SE program . pratically i used the animation visibility to show the fuction if the inputpassword (tag) is same at password (tag).when exit or conform the page became only in read condition.
Please let me know your opinion.
thankyou very much again
Graziano