Management of PLC project:

eagleeye

Hi
I have a question regarding managing a plc project. I don't program PLCs in as my background but I am an experienced software developer.

context:
I have a friend building a water reverse osmosis (RO) machine and he is going to outsource the whole machine and any PLC control required to the RO vender.

The question here is that I want to remove control from the RO vendor when the machine is handed over and functionality is signed off.

Question:
1) I would like a recommendation of a Schneider Electric PLC model that would allow an untrained person to insert an SD CARD containing all the configuration and control programming and press some kind of reset button and all the config and code will be loaded.

2) This will allow my friend to hold the SDcard containing all the programmed
configuration and water pump etc logic as a backup and we don't have to call the RO machine vendor if we have an issue and we replace the PLC.

Is there such a product in the PLC world?