measuring current density!

Zezito,

Actually, the SCR firing packages we use have a onboard PID controller, which interfaces with the firing circuit to fire the SCR's(e.g. controls the firing angle). It is this PID controller we send our reference signal too, not the direct circuitry that controls the firing angle. I dont believe a PLC would be fast enough to do current control. Curent just has too fast of a time constant.

Andrew

Similar Topics

I just was hit with something that threw me for a loop. With a three wire 4-20ma loop, another tech simply placed his Fluke meter (set for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need a program for measuring the current consumption of Equipments ( Pumps, Compressor,etc). and data logging of these measurement should...
Replies
Views
i want to measure current from CT using multiple options. at present my CT is connected to Analog Amps meter. i want to plan for update to PLC AI...
Replies
Views
I have done some tests to measure the current at the output of a variable frequency drives. Of course you should look at the current that the...
Replies
Views
hi, can anyone help,i have 6 x 3phase (415v) heater circuits which i would like to view the current on each phase to see if any heaters are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom