Memory bits used in siemens s7 language

Not sure if i do understand your question right...

Memory bits (merkers) are used to hold boolean value i.e. 0 or 1.

you can use them as MX.Y where X is a byte number and Y is a bit number (withing byte X)

you can imagine them as a internal relays or so...

you can change more than one bit at a time, for example, writting a value to mb1 would change all 8 bits in the mb1.

hello.. Do you want to know what a memorybit is generally or ? Do you know what a memorybit is ? Cause its the same in all PLC´s

here are 2 examples you asked for.

1)AND operation with memory bits (m1.3=m1.1 and m1.2)
2)OR operation with memory bits (m1.6=m1.4 or m1.5)
123321.JPG

Similar Topics

Newbie looking for help, please. When should one use memory bits versus memory words? Am I right in thinking a memory bit can be used to simply...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there a way to see all the bits in a variable or at a memory location in Unity Pro? For example, how do you look at all the bits in the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am using S7-1200 PLC 1212C AC/DC with configured Modbus TCP Server. I can already read/write Inputs/Outputs (Coils) and Memory Words...
Replies
Views
I am looking for addressing difference between Omron and SIEMENS. In this Ladder netwoks has W10.00 address.This is a Omron ladder. I want to know...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading a legacy HMI that was originally in Control View, then upgraded to RSView. There are a couple of dozen PLC bits being set by the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom