Message Configuration Path across CNB

jstibbits55

Hi all,

I am currently having an issue where I cannot drop the remote processor in the IO tree due to its set up. The customer has their PLC set up is attached. My question is how would I set the communication path for this. I am trying to do a CIP read and a CIP write. With the only ethernet card being on the expansion rack I do not know how to get the message to the processor. I talked to tech support and they were no help. I just do not know how to proceed with the main rack being on node 5 and the expansion rack being on node 6.

Thanks in advance

EthernetOnCNB.PNG

Try 1,16,2,6,1,12,2,(IP Address of other Ethernet module),1,(remote processor slot)
From Press1_Furn_Saw to backplane (1) to slot 16, out the ControlNet port (2), to node 6, to the EXPAN_RACK backplane (1), to the Ethernet module in slot 12, out its Ethernet port (2), to the IP address of the other Ethernet module, to the backplane of that chassis (1) to the other processor.

Try 1,16,2,6,1,12,2,(IP Address of other Ethernet module),1,(remote processor slot)
From Press1_Furn_Saw to backplane (1) to slot 16, out the ControlNet port (2), to node 6, to the EXPAN_RACK backplane (1), to the Ethernet module in slot 12, out its Ethernet port (2), to the IP address of the other Ethernet module, to the backplane of that chassis (1) to the other processor.

Thanks for your help. I am trying to go from my processor to theirs (the photo is the customer's setup). So I believe I have this right : S04_ENBT, 2, 10.73.33.14, 1, 0, 2, 5, 1, 0

We would need more information on your configuration to come up with a complete path. Based on the assumption that your processor and Ethernet card are in the same rack, this is how to build the path:

1 - Out the backdoor onto the backplace
? - to the slot number of your Ethernet card
2 - Out the front door of your Ethernet card
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - to the IP address of your customer's Ethernet card
1 - Out the back door of the customer's Ethernet card onto the backplane of the expansion rack
0 - To slot 0 which is the ControlNet card
2 - Out the front door of the ControlNet card onto the ControlNET
5 - Into Node 5 which is the ControlNET card in the main rack
1 - Out the back door onto the main rack backplane
0 - To slot 0 which is the processor

The resulting path:

1,?,2,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,1,0,2,5,1,0

Here is a web page attempt to explain the construction of Route Paths:

http://advancedhmi.com/documentation/index.php?title=Routing_Paths