Message Connection Path from L23E Compact L0gix and Micro 850

jsock

I am trying to read and write data from Control Logix L23E and a Micro 850.
My path in the message is 2, 192.168.2.183
192.168.2.183 is the ip address of my Micro 850.
I am getting port not available error.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a while since I used MSG instructions. As far as I remember, there is quite a lot to the setup of the MSG, beyond the IP address (which looks fine in your example). This thread may help:
https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=119043

Also check the MSG Instruction Help. You can access it by clicking/selecting an MSG instance/element and press F1

That really should be all you need to put in the PATH field; if you had a different controller the Port could be different, but on an -L23E the Ethernet port is definitely Port 2.

Be sure you haven't attempted to put the Micro 800 into the I/O tree with some kind of generic object placeholder; it definitely doesn't support cyclic produced/consumed tags.

If the simple PATH doesn't work, delete the MSG and the MESSAGE type control tag, and create a new one from scratch.