messages between ml 1500 plcs

silentcororo

hi everyone;
Now I am working with msg function on dh485 net, I making some mistakes and Cant understand the configuration off msg between micrologix 1500 plcs

I want to sent all bits on b3:1

channel: 0 (minidin 8p to 1747 net aic)
communication command: 485CIF Write
Data table adress: b3:1
Size in elemtns: 16 (all bits)

Target device:

Message timeout :5
Data table offset:0
Local node adress: 1 (The node of target 1500)
Local/Remote: Local

In both PLCs exist de B3:1, now the error code is "10h", i dont know if the message is storage in b3:1 on target PLC or where ??, now the mistake error code explication is :Target node cannot respond because of incorrect command parameters or unsupported command or the data file specified does not exist.

thanks in advance all help (y) (y)
Miguel V.
Happy Crystmas !!!!!

hi everyone;
I got a update, I just created a MG9 file on ml 1500 target node and no erros code, but cant see the bits on final destination ??

bits I am trying to send B3:1/0,B3:1/1 and B3:1/2

Thanks in advance
Miguel V.

The size in elements refers to whole words (Since B3:1 is a whole word) so that value should be only "1", not 16. This much I am sure of.

I have not done messaging over DH485 in so long, I can't remember what is meant by "data table offset"...

hi everyone;
I got a update, I just created a MG9 file on ml 1500 target node and no erros code, but cant see the bits on final destination ??

bits I am trying to send B3:1/0,B3:1/1 and B3:1/2

Thanks in advance
Miguel V.

You do not need a MG data-table address in the PLC you are writing to...

Make sure your B3 file in the target PLC is at least 2 elements (words) long (B3:0 and B3:1), and reduce you Message "Size in Elements" to 1

Can you post a picture of your Message configuration screen in the sending PLC ?

hi
Well i switched the 485CIF Write' to '500CPU Write', then firts than use msg function use a SCV, but everytime i want to write/read i have to disable then enable the msg function alittle strange, but it works :)

thanks in advance all help
Miguel V.

The message will not keep happening just because the rung is true.

You have to make it do a false-to-true transition to re-trigger the message.

Use a cyclic timer to enable the message on a timebase

hi;
well i was working with network using a SLC that msg function and doenst have to use the enable and disable the msg function on SLC50/3, on Micrologix 1500 I have to.

Thanks in advance
Miguel V.