Codesys not handling implicit messages

schnepper

I am trying to get Codesys to work with a couple of Moxa ioLogik E1200 series DIO devices (E1210 and E1211). I am able to write to the E1211 DOs via the EtherNet/IP I/O Mapping screen. I have a couple of the DOs wired directly to DIs for testing, so when I write to a DO, the corresponding DI changes. The device itself shows the DIs changing. Wireshark shows changed DI values sent to Codesys via an implicit message. But the DI values do not change on the the EtherNet/IP I/O Mapping screen for the E1210 DI device. I am using an EDS file provided by Moxa. Is it possible that Codesys is expecting a "32 bit run/idle header" in the message, even though EZ-EDS shows the "Real time transfer format" set to "connection is pure data and is modeless". If that were the case, Codesys would consume the first 4 bytes of data as the header, and use the following values as DI values. I doubt this is the issue.

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• moxa-iologik-e1200-series-e1210-software-package-v1.3.eds.txt
    42 KB · Views: 2
Do you have the inputs you are using actually mapped to tags? By default, if the values are not mapped, they will not be scanned. You can change this behavior by setting the dropdown in the lower right of the mapping screen to always in bus cycle task.

1709831947254.png

nOrM,

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the inputs mapped to variables and I have the Enabled 1 selected. With Wireshark I see the Moxa device sending the IO values, but the updated values don't appear in Codesys.