Micro820 Download SD Card files

MauritsKoppe

Hello,

I am using an A&B Micro820 PLC.
We are logging data to the SD-Card.

To download the SD card files we use the A&B Remote Access Tool. This tool copies the data to the PC and shows the data (could be files in many folders) in one table which then can be saved as an excel file.

Now we want to write our own program which copies the SD Card data to the PC, like the Remote Access Tool.

I can not find any documents with commands or protocol used how A&B is doing this with their tool.

Hope somebody can point me in the good direction.

Thank you,
Maurits

Thank you, but I need to download the SD card content of the Micro820 to my PC. I want to know how this can be done without using the A&B Remote Access Tool.

Thank you for your message.
But that is not what we want to do.
We want to download the SD card data to our PC remotely.
Like the A&B Remote access tool does.
However we want to write our own program to do this. But I can't any docs how to do this.

Thank you for your message.
But that is not what we want to do.
We want to download the SD card data to our PC remotely.
Like the A&B Remote access tool does.
However we want to write our own program to do this. But I can't any docs how to do this.

Then I agree with the "old man" have you looked at a SCADA package? they may be able to read the SD and put it in some form of csv

What is wrong with A&B Remote Access Tool?

Thank you for coming back to me.

The A&B Remote Access Tool does work and it does copy the sd card content to the PC and it presents the data in a table which can be saved to excel.

But the A&B Remote Access Tool is an add on to Connected Components Workbench which is several Gb's to install. If we need to ask our customers to register on rockwell and install ccw first, I just know they can't do this.

Your suggestion to use a Scada package will not help either if we don't know how to communicate with the PLC to copy the SD data. There is no document with instructions how to copy the SD data from the Micro820.

Just a thought... but how about a VPN or something like PCAnywhere and they let you in their network, then you run the RAT on your PC?

That could be an option if we can't figure out how A&B is copying the data. But their tool works well, so we should be able to write our own program if A&B is a bit more open on how to do this.