Micro850 Serial Write to Scale

JustinEnders

I am having an issue writing a carriage return to my scale, I can manually push the print button the the scale and then read the buffer. The scale is in demand mode so it will only send data when a print command is issued. Any help would be appreciated!

Read.PNG Write.PNG

Welcome to the forum!

Please post a screen dump of the serial port configuration tab, like this:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Thoughts:

• The two Append Chars fields are what I assume the AWA instruction is appending to the message.
  • If the scale wants a carriage return (0x0D) only, then perhaps the following linefeed (0x0A) is confusing it.
    • Change the second box, 0x0A, to 0xFF (or to empty?)
  • If the scale wants a linefeed (0x0A) only, then change
    • the first box to 0x0A, and
    • the second box to 0xFF (or to empty?)
  • It sounds like the serial data are getting into the Micro8xx successfully, although you have to trigger the scale by pressing the print button to send the data to the serial port.
    • So I think we can assume baud rate, wiring (for ARL anyway), and other configuration is probably correct
    • So if this is not working, there is something not connected or configured the way we are assuming it is.
      • Can you connect a laptop with a serial port (USB dongle?) to the Micro8xx and use a terminal emulator to watch the data?
        • If you are using RS485, then you should be able to "sniff" the entire dialog
* it used to be HyperTerminal a decade or more ago, but it's summat else now