Micro850, Stepper Drives, and you

testsubject

HI everyone!

I am trying to use a Micro850 to control a SureStep (Leadshine) Stepper drive (DM805-AI) from Automationdirect.

I have no trouble setting up to 850 to output a high resolution pulse from O:00 but it is 24VDC. The Pulse input to the drive is sourcing (requires 0V to pulse high) I have found several SS relays capable of cycling at 100kHz but the only PNP to NPN convertor I have found from Phoenix is rated at 15kHz.

Has anyone else had to deal with this and if so, what was your solution?

Thanks!

Ooopsss, I posted prior to finishing up the post.
Part number and such, look it up though to make sure it'll do the job.
I've used a bunch in the past, no issues.

Thanks for the suggestion. After seeing it, I realized I used to use these 15 years ago at another job. Sadly, these have been discontinued. I even checked with Power IO (that the part I used to get) and they discontinued them as well. The replacement is a brick and only rated to 20kHz.

Far southside in Frankfort.
Thanks for the offer. I was able to talk with tech support last night and we discovered that we really were using the wrong drive for our application, and it is all sorted out now. We are going to use the DM860E which fully supports using PNP or NPN outputs and only need an inline resistor to support 24V output from the PLC.