Micrologix 1000 and panelview 300

jrlc

Hello friends, i need your help. I have a Micrologix 1000 and a panelview 300 micro.

1. How can I send data from my PLC to the panel and vice versa?

I have a serial cable to RS-232 port. And i use the PanelBuilder32.

If you have a manual of HOW TO DO IT, or examples , I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!

Please post the whole part number of the PV300 micro.

One of them has firmware for DH485, and the other is DF1. You can use either type with the ML1000, but you need to configure the serial port of the micrologix to match. I would try to use DF1, to keep things simple for point to point communications. It is possible to change the firmware in a DH485 PV300 to a DF1 version if you need to do that.

You will need the cable 1761-PM02 or equivalent to make the electrical connection.

Please post the whole part number of the PV300 micro.

One of them has firmware for DH485, and the other is DF1. You can use either type with the ML1000, but you need to configure the serial port of the micrologix to match. I would try to use DF1, to keep things simple for point to point communications. It is possible to change the firmware in a DH485 PV300 to a DF1 version if you need to do that.

You will need the cable 1761-PM02 or equivalent to make the electrical connection.

Thanks OkiePC, I have this cable:

ml_30094991.jpg

It is the cable that you told me?

🔨 But, how can I do it? I'dont know hoy to program the PLC to send data to de panel. Right now i don't have the number of the part of the panel I only remmember that the seller told me is the "panelview 300 component".

He said me that there are 2 class of panel the component type (this have a free software for program) and the other panel that you have to use the RSView.

so... my panel is the first one...

Let me see DF1 is the protocol of the PLC, and DH485 the panel?

do you have any document that can help me?

Last edited:
jrlc said:
Thanks OkiePC, I have this cable:
That looks like the right one for a Panelview 300 Micro.
jrlc said:
🔨 But, how can I do it? I'dont know how to program the PLC to send data to de panel.

You don't necessarily have to program the PLC to send anything. You will use Panelbuilder32 to program the Panelview to read data from the PLC

jrlc said:
Right now i don't have the number of the part of the panel I only remmember that the seller told me is the "panelview 300 component".

The panelview 300 component is a different beast than the Panelview 300 Micro. I have no experience with the component series, so I am not sure what cable you'd need for it. The Component series has on board configuration software and does not require Panelbuilder32, just a web browser.

jrlc said:
He said me that there are 2 class of panel the component type (this have a free software for program) and the other panel that you have to use the RSView.

so... my panel is the first one...

Let me see DF1 is the protocol of the PLC, and DH485 the panel?

Yes, DF1 is a serial protocol for point to point communications, and DH485 is a serial protocol that supports multiple nodes.

jrlc said:
do you have any document that can help me?

Here is one for the component series.

I have done quite a bit of programming on the Pannelview C modles. I believe there should be a usb port on the back some where. You will need the drivers to setup the PV as a device on your PC. If you don't have the disk you can download from AB. Once you have it set up as a usb device you just use Internet Explorer to program the PV as it has imbedded software. Easy Peasy.

I have done quite a bit of programming on the Pannelview C modles. I believe there should be a usb port on the back some where. You will need the drivers to setup the PV as a device on your PC. If you don't have the disk you can download from AB. Once you have it set up as a usb device you just use Internet Explorer to program the PV as it has imbedded software. Easy Peasy.

Thanks both of you

But I still not understand how to do it

The C300 have usb (device and host port) and serial...

The panel automaticalle read the variables? so we don't have to program the micrologix to send the data... (I'm asking that because I learned to program siemens with step7 and TP Designer, and you have to send data to the touch panel programming the PLC).

If anyone have some examples to see, i'll apprecitate it. Thanks for your help! (y)

Pannel Views do not read data automatically. You must tell them what and how to display. You need to program the pannel view to know how you want it to talk ie. Setup the communications. DF1, baud rate, xon, xoff, ect,ect. You need to tell it how many devices it will talk to and where the data is that it will look at. ie, plc 1 at node 5 data display at N7:100 ect, ect. You will need to setup the diffrent pages in the display ie, page 1 production counts, page 2 timer persets, page 3 recipe select ect,ect.
Just hooking the display to a plc will do nothing it must be programmed.

Pannel Views do not read data automatically. You must tell them what and how to display. You need to program the pannel view to know how you want it to talk ie. Setup the communications. DF1, baud rate, xon, xoff, ect,ect. You need to tell it how many devices it will talk to and where the data is that it will look at. ie, plc 1 at node 5 data display at N7:100 ect, ect. You will need to setup the diffrent pages in the display ie, page 1 production counts, page 2 timer persets, page 3 recipe select ect,ect.
Just hooking the display to a plc will do nothing it must be programmed.

ok, but my question is HOW TO programm the panel?

someone have a manual? or something

We have a PanelView 600C and I had a lot of issues getting online to actually program it. As an FYI the USB and Ethernet ports have 2 different IP address.
USB: 169.254.254.2
Ethernet: 168.155.1.1
I used ethernet so all I had to do was set my computer's IP address, open Internet Explorer, and type in "168.155.1.1" in the address bar.
Be patient, the software is slow and a little buggy.

We have a PanelView 600C and I had a lot of issues getting online to actually program it. As an FYI the USB and Ethernet ports have 2 different IP address.
I used ethernet so all I had to do was set my computer's IP address, open Internet Explorer, and type in "168.155.1.1" in the address bar.

:unsure: i didn't know that!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

C600 Programming Question

Did you have to do anything special to access expansion modules? I am using a C600 to monitor a MicroLogix 1400 inputs. Works great on the Slot 0 inputs, but I am not able to get it to see the Slot 1 inputs. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David