MicroLogix 1100 web password.

Nova5

I have tried the default Administrator / ml1100. No luck. Now do I reset the password? I have tried leaving the battery out and PLC unpowered for a week. No luck.

Trying to update firmware. PLC itself is at 9, newest is 12. When I use ControlFlash to update it I get the error PLC Not in Correct Mode. I've tried Run, Remote, and Program modes. None are "Correct".

Thoughts on how to update PLC or clear the password?

Is there also a password on the user memory, as well as on the Web interface ?

If RSLogix 500 is asking for a password to go online, enter the telephone keypad numeric equivalent of 'MLCLRMEM', and that will clear the controller memory, including any passwords.

let's see.. MLCLRMEM = 65257636.

Be aware that this process, as well as any firmware upgrade, will totally erase any user program in the controller.

The clear-memory password is MLCLRMEM. However, ML passwords are numeric, so MLCLRMEM has to be translated to the numbers on a telephone keypad, which are 65257636.

This is not a password bypass - this will clear the memory of a password protected PLC and wipe the slate clean.

Edit - I see I need to type faster.

Except the AB manual clearly disagrees with you for the web interface. It states the default Web Username is "administrator", and its Password is ml1100.

The Guest account name is "guest", and its password is "guest".

anyway, 65257636 does not work with the username blank, nor with "administrator"

May be a long shot...but i seem to remember the ML1100/1400's were very picky about browsers you used to connect with? I know Chrome and Mozilla gave me problems...

Rob

Good point, Kidblue. It might be that there is no password at all, but rather that the authentication type used by the embedded HTTP server is incompatible with the browser.

I know that IE7 didn't work with firmware before Version 4. There might also be something wrong with popup blocking (sigh, you need to allow it) or other authentication issues.

The fact that the OP is having trouble with both the Web server and ControlFlash makes me suspicious that we're missing something larger.

This might be something that the MicroLogix support guys at RA see every day; it can't hurt to call them.

It lets me in with Guest with Chrome So I have little suspicion it would be the problem for getting into the admin account. The only way to "clear" those two passwords is apparently to reflash the ML1100 according to RA manuals.

So the remaining question is.. how the hell do I get it into the right mode to accept the flash? I would threaten it with a hammer but I don't think that'll be as effective as it is with PCs.. PCs are far more advanced and "intelligent".

You're using the serial port to attempt the firmware load, right ? As far as I know, MicroLogix controllers only accept firmware downloads via the Channel 0 serial port.