Micrologix 1400 analog input

plcDenny

Supporting Member
Hi everyone!

I have a micrologix 1400 with an 1762-OF4 analog input module and I'm trying to wire a vacuum transducer outputting 0-10V to it. 0V = 0Torr 10V = 1024 Torr. I have the Vout (+) wired to IN 0 (+) and analog return to IN 0 (-).

While the sensor is sitting at atmosphere the voltage output is 7.4 (checked with a meter) before I wired it into the input module. However when I wire it in, the PLC reads 5.6V....which I also confirmed with a meter...giving me a reading of ~560Torr while the vessel is at atm.

Did I wire the input wrong? Is there something I have to configure in the plc?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Denny

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Excuse me if I am missing something here but your explanation has me a bit perplexed.

Are you wiring in a Vacuum "Transducer"?
Is this a device that senses how much vacuum is in a vessel (or whatever) and then transmits this information back to the PLC so you can monitor/display this information?
Because that is what it sounds like you are talking about.

If that is the case then you are going to need to use a Analog "INPUT" Module, not a Analog Output Module.

If I am reading this wrong then forgive me and please do clarify.

BCS

Yes I'm wiring in a vacuum transducer. I was talking about the output of the vacuum transducer (0-10V) which goes into my input module.

I have a micrologix 1400 with an 1762-OF4 analog input module

Ok but you specifically said you have a 1762-OF4 "Analog INPUT Module".

The 1762-OF4 is a "Analog OUTPUT Module" not an input module.

Are you wiring to this OF4 or are you using a 1400 that has embedded AI and wiring to that?

BCS

Last edited:
Here is the manual for the IF4, brush through it for a bit and take a look at the wiring examples.
I have to take care of something at the moment but if you don't get it by the time I get back I will help you thought it.

Had to zip the file it was too large to post.

BCS

Aha! It was the DIP switches that I didn't even know about. šŸ™ƒ Its working exactly how it should now (y). For some reason the manual I was using had no mention of the DIP switches...but the one Bering C Sparky posted did.

Thanks everyone for your help(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

First off look on Page 14 of the document I posted and you will see this module has dip switches that need to be set.
Factory defaults are set for Current Inputs and if you want voltage you will need to change the dip switch setting for the appropriate channel just as nonuke said earlier.

Edit: There you go, I see you got it already.