micrologix 1400 and sure servo

Just as a note - the 1763-NC01 has a 120 ohm resistor connected internally between 'B' and 'Term'. By connecting a jumper (not a resistor) between 'Term' and 'A' you install the recommended termination.

Archie
I ordered all the components you showed and just received them. What did you do with what looks like the brown/white wire in the cable for the automation direct SVC-MDCOM-CBL cable?
Thanks

Thanks. I am going to attempt to use the sample that you posted and connect with the micrologix to the sure servo with Modbus this afternoon.
I have connected the sure servo up on a test fixture and just using switches to select the positions etc. and the drive seems like a very well made drive.

Success
Archie, Bernie thanks for your replys.
First time I have ever tried to use Modbus, have always used a compact logix and a Kinetics drive whenever we needed a machine and had to use a servo.
Changing to the Compact was not a option this time since we already have over 75 of these machines we just finished building in the branch plants and the cost to change to the Compact and Kinetics compared with keeping the
ML1400 units and using a Automation Direct plc is a very huge difference.

Once again, thanks a lot, hate I ask so many questions but this site is the best.

Good to hear you were able to get it working without too much trouble. I wasn't sure of that stub of a program was going to help much or make it more confusing.

Archie and Bernie
Hope you guys are online.
Have a question about something going on with one of the sure servo units on a pull to position
using the .75kw servo motor, not exactly sure of the exact model, i am not in the office.
Have a routine so that when the machine is first turned on i use a plc output to tell the servo to home. The servo will start to home but when it gets to home it does stop on a home prox, but has a small jerk. i quickly set the servo up to do a tuning and i used the adaptive tuning, which involved setting one of the parameters up for adaptive tuning and then jogging the motor back and forth multiple times. This did help but still have the small jerk when it reaches the home prox. I called tech support and they actually suggested doing what i had already done but could tell they did not want to spend any time except to tell me to do it over and over.
Archie, in your application which mode of tuning did you perform or did you have to tune. To start with the motor would start to home and when it hit the home prox it would stop and then start jerking forward and backward and kept getting faster unitl the servo faulted out. After doing the tuning by jogging fwd and reverse a few times it got a lot better. I read about the manual tuning but did not quite understand all of it, was hoping you could just tell the servo to perform a auto tune and that would be it and not have to manually adjust parameters. not sure how that will work in the foreign plants we have. One thing i did do, is i did not remove the belt and load off of the motor since it was getting late. Is it better to remove the load and then do the tuning the way i described.
Thanks for any advice.

Thanks, that was what i thought but tech support kept telling me to take the load off. That would have taken at least an hour and a real pain so attempted it with the load. Just not quite sure how to get the small jerk when it makes the home prox. I am only running it at 75 rpm when it is moving to home, which is pretty slow. Hopefully will make some progress tomorrow.
Have used mostly the Emerson Servo Drives and tuning them is very easy, you just tell it to perform a autotune and that is it, this one requires a lot of manual adjustments.