Micrologix 1400 Ignore IO Mismatch?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a way to configure a Micrologix 1400 to ignore an I/O configuration mismatch?

I have 1400 that I keep here for local debugging it has no IO modules. having to delete the IO modules to run my code on it and then re add them later is really tedious.

Is there a way I can get around this?

In the tree go to I/O configuration. Click on the module you are after and check the ignore configuration box.

There is no IO-Config tree is RS 500. (as far as I know)

If I go to the IO Config window in RS 500 I see nothing that looks like an ignore option.

EDIT:

No wait, I found it, I wasn't looking hard enough!!! Thank You

I was born in Detroit but the first 8ish years of my life at Stony Lake, I have a lot of Family from Muskegon up to Silver Lake

try this. I cannot test right now. Right click on module and go to advanced conf.

I see you've found it. Thought the edit was part of your signature quote.

1400 io config.PNG

Last edited:
I know the SLC had slot bits so you could disable I/O, we used to do this when simulating using PICS simulation software, before PLC simulators were available, however, I think someone has already posted the later version where it's on the advanced tab for each slot, there is another way, create a file that maps all the I/O into internal bits but not call it, then use the mapped bits in your control, just call the I/O mapping when tested, yes it means extra work but it is easy to create simulation blocks in files & delete them before going to site.