Micrologix 1400 initial program download

rmb550

I have had this issue occasionally and can never remember how I resolved it. When trying to download the program file to the processor, I get a long pause, then a message saying unable to communicate with processor (or words to that effect - I am at home now and don't have the device here). I am connected via Ethernet, and I can ping the PLC and also see the Web Interface.
Has anyone else faced this issue and have any hints?
Thanks,
rmb

Hi rmb550,

"No response from processor at selected path/node!"

If its this message then you most likely don't have the correct project path defined in your in RSLogix500 project.

Have you connected to the controller yet with serial or did you set the IP address from the keypad?
Have you configured channel 1 in the controller to a static IP address with BOOTP and DHCP disabled?
Your PC is on the same subnet and you can ping it, so it looks like you have.

You haven't said if you can browse to it in RSLinx?
Have you setup an Ethernet driver in RSLinx?
Have you configured it to add the IP address of the controller?
Can you then browse to it in RSLinx?
Is RSLinx running?
Get comms established in RSLinx first.

Then go to RSLogix500. In your project, if not done already, check the configuration of Channel 1 Ethernet is set to your static IP address and correct subnet, with BOOTP and DHCP disabled.

Go to "Comms" menu and select "System Comms".
Browse to the controller, if you can, and select it to highlight it.
Tick the "Apply to Project" check box at the bottom right corner.
Save the project and then try download again.

You've done it before, so hopefully this all jogs your memory.