Micrologix 1400 RI file

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Micrologix 1400 that I am setting up to communicate via Ethernet/IP to a Data Linc I/O master radio.

I have one message working fine. The application will end up with ten messages, all going to this same IP address, but to (and from) different data table address groups.

Is it okay to use the same RI file and element number for all of these messages, or do I need ten RI file elements with the same IP address in them?

Paul,

For the MicroLogix 1400 there is no restriction on using the same Routing Information File (RIF) element for multiple Ethernet MSG instructions directed at the same IP address. I have done this many times without issue.

See in Blue here...

32926 - MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 Controllers MSG over Ethernet
Access Level: TechConnect

EDIT1: It looks like you've posted before you read my reply?

EDIT2: Ahhhh, there you are!

Regards,
George

Last edited:
After testing this, I do get a warning, but it seems to be working fine. I may spend a few nybbles and go ahead and make a separate element for each MSG just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Or maybe I will leave it alone, thanks George!