Micrologix & PanelView Component Clock Synchronization

Saulo35

Hi,

I am working with a Micrologix 1400 and Panelview Component 600. I created a screen on the PVC that allows the user to select a time of the day and indicate if a certain action should start at that time. The selected hour and minute are sent to the PLC. PLC logic compares the selected hour and minute with its internal Real Time Clock (RTC) and triggers the action at the appropriate time.

Now, the user should be able to set the PVC's SystemClock date/time and have it sent to the PLC (synchronization). To do this, the PVC's SystemClock tags should write to certain PLC integer words, which in turn can be copied to the PLC's RTC Function File using the CPW instruction.

The problem is, the only way I found to write the SystemClock tags to the PLC is by means of Global Connections, and Global Connections update every 60 s at the most. Therefore, when I make a change to the PVC SystemClock, it may take up to a minute to update the PLC integer words.

I know I am missing something...but what?

Thank you

Hi

I would just use the real time clock in the plc and nit use the panel view clock at all. This way the rtc will update straight away and it would solve your problem.
Unless there is a reason you want or have to use the hmi clock?

Donnchadh

The Date And Time Interval Can Be Changed. 60 Is The Default.

Also The Remote Time Tags Can Be Used To Update The PanelView Clock. Click on the Help Button Located On The Global Parameter Property Page And Check Out Remote Date And Time.

Last edited:
Thank you, Donnchadh, I tried that but then I realized the alarms on the PVC would have wrong timestamps (because they use the PVC SystemClock, right?), so I did not pursue. Do you have a way around that?

Thank you, cwal61. I believe 60 s is not just the default but also the minimum setting for Global Connections update. I will double check as well as checking the Remote Date and Time you are mentioning and report back