Micrologix to BACnet/IP

Rson

I have a machine going to a customer that is requesting a BACnet/IP interface. It looks like there are a couple of google search results for some micrologix to BACnet/IP communicators.

Anyone used one and had good/bad experiences? I don't see any official one from AB unless I'm missing something (hopefully I am?)

Also, are there any PLCs besides Micrologix that use BACnet/IP as a native protocol? I'm mostly an Allen Bradley / Siemens guy, so BACnet isn't something I'm very familiar with, and the PLC isn't set in stone, just what we typically use.

Thanks in advance!

BACnet is used for building control stuff so you are not likely to find any PLC with native support for it. However, I think Redlion Edge controller might support it but I can't find their protocol list right now.

There are a lot makers for Ethernet/IP to BACNet gateway. They all work but some are easier to config than others. I would recommend you take a look at the following:

https://www.rtautomation.com/

Redlion Data stations

and of course, ProSoft
I would call them up and go over the application to make sure you get the right one.

I have used a Red Lion CR3000 HMI to do the protocol conversion from BACnet to Ethernet/IP. I works really good. BACnet is not hard to figure out.

+1 on the Real Time Automation Gateway. I did a 2+ year air handler and hybrid test cell project for Ford with A-B ControlLogix and BACnet. Those gateways were easy to configure and had great tech support--free and a live voice answers the phone.
I, too, don't know that much about BACnet, we had a sub-contractor integrate the BACnet stuff. If you want a good beginners manual on BACnet, let me know and I'll send you a copy. Hope this helps.