Micrologix to panelview plus over ethernet

Guy Bernard

HI,
I would like to link (via ethernet) a PV+ to a micrologix 1100 already on an ethernet IP adresse (they are not in the same panel or location , 30 feet )

How will I manage the data from one to the other
Do i have to create tags in the panelview that will replaced the bits,word or integers of the micrologix, if yes where and how are they linked?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

First things First, you will need to get a copy of FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (FTV ME) software to edit or create a PanelView + Runtime Application. You didn't mention if you had it or not so I thought I would bring it up just in case.

Is the Pv being used now and you want to add the ML1100 to it or will this be a new project? If the PV+ is already being used you will need to either get a copy of the original program or you can upload the runtime file from the PV and convert it back to a editable file.

Next, I would get a copy of the FTV ME manual and start reading. If you take some time with the software looking at the current program or sample programs you should be able to get a handle on the basics fairly fast.

To answer your question, yes you will have to create HMI tags that are Mapped to PLC Data Table addresses.

yes, you need to use FactoryTalks View (FTV) studio to create the fle for the HMI, but I havent need to make tags in the HMI, I simply use the address as in the PLC.

I think you have not done this before, is a bit tricky, you need to set-up a comm shorcut, is like they way showing the hmi were is the PLC.

I am not good teaching FTV, I still have many things to learn but is a very complete software, also the HMI, but for most machines I have programmed, Delta or RedLion HMIs were enough