Misbehaving CQM1H-CPU51

briancr

Omron CQM1H-CPU51 going into stop mode. I have this naughty plc that goes into stop mode at the worst time, here in the early hours of the morning or over a weekend. This does not happen frequently, Once a month, maybe twice a month. The only way to get this beast running again is to go online and clear the memory an put it back into run mode.

Anyone had a similar situation? I will be replacing the power supply during our shut down starting next week as a start of process of elimination.

Hello briancr,

Just a shot in the dark, but take a look in the PLC Settings component.
There is a start-up mode setting.
Transfer from the PLC to upload the PLC setup.

It may be that there is an occaisional drop-out of power to the PLC, in which case the PLC may well re-start in 'Program' or 'Use Programming Console' mode, both of which means the PLC will stop.
If this is the case, select Monitor or Run mode instead, then Transfer to the PLC.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Years ago I had similar problems with CQM1 and C200H plcs. I started using EMI filters and surge supressors for the PLC powersupply and it never happened again.