Omron CQM1H to NS8 HMI, Problem

MR.Q

I have an Omron CQM1H-CPU21 and a NS8-TV00B-V1, I have followed the manufacturer's spec on how to set this up and all I got is the HMI is trying to talk to the plc because my parallel light flashes time to time so it's trying to talk but the PLC is not talking back.

In PLC ''Host Link Port'' Mode set to ''NT Link''
In PLC ''Peripheral Port'' Mode set to ''Host Link''
on PLC ''Dip switches'' 1,2,4,6,7,8 OFF 3,5 ON

In HMI ''COMM.'' Serial Port A, set to ''NT Link 1:1''

Com connector config, ''SD2 to RD3'' ''RD3 to SD2'' ''SG9 to SG9'' Plc side, ''RS4 to CS5''

This is all the info.

Turn DIP switch 5 OFF then cycle power to the PLC for the setting to take effect.

DIP switch 5 ON forces the Host Link Port to Host Link Protocol, 9600, 7, E, 2 regardless of the settings in CX Programmer Settings dialog.

Everything else looks good.

Nothing has changed the HMI still is trying to talk to the plc and it's not replying back, since I turned dip switch 5 off I can no longer communicate with the cx prog. Am I better off to go with another PLC entirely?

I'm using a ''USB-XW2Z-200S-VH'' which means this converter does not have the proper protocols.
I do have a genuine ''CS1W-CN118'' I retried it and now it works with dip 5 off, straight to the serial port on the pc.

I do have a genuine ''CS1W-CN118'' I retried it and now it works with dip 5 off, straight to the serial port on the pc.

Nice! Sorry, I should have elaborated on the reason for my question. Seems you have figured it out. ToolBus was fairly new when the CQM1H was released The manuals are quite confusing as to which cables to use, including combinations and protocols.

So CX Programmer to Peripheral port connection is OK. How about the NS to 9 pin port?

The settings in the PLC for the Host Link port will show NT Link. This is NT Link 1:1 as it is not capable of NT Link 1:N (Multi link). You already showed this was the setting in the NS so it should work.

You could optionally use Host Link for the NS to PLC communication if you wish. It will be a little slower. Obviously the serial settings would need to match.

Nice! Sorry, I should have elaborated on the reason for my question. Seems you have figured it out. ToolBus was fairly new when the CQM1H was released The manuals are quite confusing as to which cables to use, including combinations and protocols.

So CX Programmer to Peripheral port connection is OK. How about the NS to 9 pin port?

The settings in the PLC for the Host Link port will show NT Link. This is NT Link 1:1 as it is not capable of NT Link 1:N (Multi link). You already showed this was the setting in the NS so it should work.

You could optionally use Host Link for the NS to PLC communication if you wish. It will be a little slower. Obviously the serial settings would need to match.

I have found my problem and it's my mistake when I wired up the DB9 connector I looked at it from the back and not the front so everything was wired in reversed. It's a rookie mistake. ;)

Everything is fully functional, thank you for your help and I greatly appreciate it. 🍺