Missing FTView Display

cardosocea

Hello,

I have an FTView SE Network Distributed application in operation at my plant and the operators mentioned that one numeric display on a page wasn't working, the actual words were "it only worked for like a week".

They can navigate in the runtime to that display and actually nothing seems to be working as there are red crosses over a button too.

I then opened up the project, found the navigation button and the command "Display Effluent Tanks /T #1; abort me", but there is no display or global object in the project named Effluent Tanks.

How come can they navigate to this display without it existing on the run time and is there a way to recover this file to correct it? Or could it be that someone deleted the file, but it's still linked somehow?

I believe if you remove a display instead of deleting it in FTView Studio then it can still be navigated to. Check the Gfx folder of the project and see if a display with the name is there. If so you can right click on displays and then "Add Component Into Application" which should re-add it to Studio.

Ahh, that would make some sense. I get the feeling there was something weird going on as there were tags missing from that system in the project too, but I'll look into it.

Where does FTView SE usually keep the Gfx files? Any specific folder? It should be simple to find with a search, I guess.

Typically you'll find the RSView Enterprise folder in one of your user documents folders, either your current account or the public. This is mine currently:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\Project_Name\Gfx

If you use "Add Component Into Application" it should open the Gfx folder right away.