Mitshubishi A Series and FX series serial communication

Well according to the Citect Driver help file:

You can use serial communication to connect to Mitsubishi Melsec-FX2N CPUs via the MELSFX2N protocol. Being a point-to-point solution, the MELSFX2N protocol does not support multidrop installations. However, you can use one of the three connection methods outlined in the diagram below to communicate with the MELSEC -FX2N.

citect-dr.jpg

So you may need to think again about Citect and the way you have the network configured.

A and FX series communication

I have 6 A series and 4 FX Series Mitshibishi PLC's. Also i have 3 Omron plc's, also serial communication is possible. The farthest distance is about 500 meters from control room.I planned to hook it up with Citect SCADA or WW Intouch. Which one could you suggest and can deliver a high serial Network performance. I need a robust hmi's because I need it for Quality Monitoring. A communication timeout once would surely give me a headche.

Hope, I could choose the right HMI software.

thanks,

gherz817

Posting the same reply 4 times isn't going to get people to answer it any faster. Personally I would have just used Ethernet or CC-Link for the Mitsu PLCs, depending on how much data you want to move.