Mitsi Q Network HELP

yorkypaul

I have inherited a Mitsi Q series rack with Q00 CPU and a QJ71E71-100 fitted.

What's the quickest/easiest way to set up IP address and start talking to it?

Thanks,

Paul

You need to go into network setup (gx developer or IEC) & configure either melsec, tcpip or udp links.
set the required parameters in the hardware setup, download the hardware & power off & on to cold boot.
It will depend on what you are going to use to chat to it what protocol & setup you use.
A tip if you are using kepware, then it don't like tcpip use udp, well on the kepware side, I found that you can have anything in the ethernet card & it still talks.

The IP address is set in Network Parameters in GX Developer or GX IEC Developer. You need to connect serially and download the parameters, then reset the PLC and you should be able to talk to it. But the port settings which need to be made in the Network Parameters will vary based on what software on the PC you plan to use. If you're looking at programming software like GX Developer, set one connection channel to MELSOFT connection and you're all set.