mitsubishi e50 addressing

johnwightman

Hi, I am trying to teach myself Mitsubishi e50 hmi, but I cant seem to find an instruction book other than the one that comes with the software. I cannot work out how you address the blocks in the hmi program so you can switch them on from the plc. Can anybody help me either with a useful manual or point me in the right direction on how to address the hmi. Ta JW.

Select "Setup --> System Signals" to get this dialog:

[attachment]

Enter the PLC register you want to use to control screens. The screen number that matches the value in that register will be displayed.

beerchug

-Eric

clipboard01.jpg

I have use quite a few of these over the years. Aside from the fact that the E-50 should be used only as a last resort (I DO like the E-series displays), I have a minor caution when using the E-50, E-100 or the E-150.

The units are to take the 5V power from the programming port. Generally this works okay for most installations. I have experienced a communications/power failure on selected installations. At first I thought that this was a faulty cable but found that sometimes, the 5V from the programming port was borderline and caused screen flickering or momentary power loss. Mitusbishi (Biejers in this case) or the distributor has a 'wall wart' style power supply that can be purchased to ensure operation.

The thing is, one might not experience the power losses until after the equipment is in service. They occur randomly.

... rab

The E150ET need a seperate 5 V power supply and it will only work properly if I give the darn thing 6.4 V... from my friendly neighbor RadioSchack universal dc supply converter.

We dim down the display backlight and all troubles go away.

Mitsu told me not to do this. Then 6 month later they call me to ask what was my solution cause they had a few customers ****ed off about there product failing...

They now use my solution

Fortunately my Mitsubishi distributor's a problem solver and after changing cables, exchanging units and a lot of conversation, they found the solution. They ate a lot of the cost.

The problem only seems to be with the lower end units in the E-series. E-700, E-710, E-900 (units that I've used) don't appear to have this issue.

... rab