Mitsubishi E900T HMI question

bginer

Hi Guys,

Well, I fear that I'm flagellating a dead equine here, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

This is connected to the same machine that I posted about the Mitsubishi PLC earlier this week BTW.

I have the touchscreen program from the company that wrote it in Sweden, but I don't think that I have a way to load it. I checked on Mitsubishi's web site for what software I needed and found this:

E Designer 7.30 DEMO 193.57MB ZIP
This demo does not allow a customer to download a program to a HMI terminal. You will need to purchase a licensed copy of the software to download to the HMI terminal.

What I was wondering was, is there anything like the Panelmate transfer utility that Cuttler Hammer has for their HMI's for the E series from Mitsubishi? I have no need to do any graphical work, all I need to do is load the program on the hardware.

Like I said, I think I'm out of luck but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Regards to all,

Mark

How about being very nice to them and asking a web base transfer ... :)

Connect the HMI to your router, forward the 2 ports related to your programming software and voila!

Or even a nice member of this board could offer it to you.

Thanks for the suggestion Pierre, but with our IT setup it would be easier to get an audience with the Pope I'm afraid.

The customer I'm dealing with also doesn't even have computers at their site let alone a network connection so that's off the table as well.

I hate to say it, but this HMI may be taking an all expenses paid trip to Sweden to get programmed. What a pain.

Thanks for the reply though.

Regards,

Mark

I may be over simplifying this a bit but....... why not just buy E-Designer ?, its not a great deal of money, its got to be a damn site cheaper than sending it to Sweden to get programmed

If its a job for a customer you should be able to build the cost of purcahse of the software into the cost of the job ?

OK, here's where it gets a bit complicated.

This machine is of a model that is made in Sweden, and we rep in the US. This particular machine is about 8 years old and was bought by this customer about 2 years ago. Before that it was in our tech centre.

I'm a service tech for the company. I have no power to purchase anything, and I don't believe that they will let me spend the money for this to service only 4 machines of this type in the US.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out a way to support this machine before it all goes in the can PLC wise and leads to a whole lot of downtime. Oh, and I can't spend any money while I'm doing it.

Yes, it's all quite a mess :).

Regards,

Mark

Well here in the UK E-Designer is £99, its hardly earth shattteringly expensive

If they will not buy the software then they have to prepare for the fact that the machine may cause them a headache that is unresolvable without the right peoces of kit.

Good luck with it !!

So you intend to support this HMI, well.....
Due to the rhos compliance this HMI is now obsolete, the deadline for replacement units ended months ago, the replacement is the new E1000 range these can be used with ease a simple conversion & they even supply an adapter plate.
You will need V7.x for the new ones & also the 232 port has the rx/tx lines swapped so you will need a new lead or chop your old one & swap the rx/tx.

@Parky,

Wow, thanks for the information. I had no idea it was obsolete (obviously, duh!). I will have to let my engineering department know.

As it happens though, the customer has one in stock that they bought last year some time. The only probelem is that it's lost the program... If it ever got programmed at all. So I still need to get that done.

Thanks a lot for the reply though.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited:
I love messages about companies who want to support a product but won't buy the tools. Makes me feel better about the issues here. At least they will buy me the tools to do my job.

Not buying the software is like not buying screwdrivers and ratchets for an auto mechanic.