Mitsubishi F1-40MR

bigvern10

Friends!

I'm currently doing a HNC in electrical Eng at college and part of the course involves a project. Part of the project, I have been given, involves the upgrade of an old Mitsubishi F1-40MR plc to a newer model. My question is; Does anyone know when the F1 series of PLC was discontinued by Mitsubishi (I need to write a little about the history and spec of the F1 PLC)? I've tried the Mitsubishi website and other sites and the nearest to a year I've got is late 1990s! Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Big Vern

About mid to late 1990's is about as accurate as you will get. There might have been a day when Mitsubishi stopped producing them but it would have taken a few years for suppliers to run out of stock. There was also a later model called an F2 with more functions than the F1

They were programmed by a DOS software called MEDOC.

Both the F1 and F2 were superceded by the new range of plc's called the FX series and a new windows software called GPWIN.

Hope that helps a little :)