Mitsubishi FXon-40MR-ES

Mad_Poet

Dear Sirs,
I have two Mitsubishi FXon-40MR-ES PLC's to play with.

I have the GX developer-FX ( Melsoft ) software Version 8.25B to program and operate them with.

I successfully put in enough logic and downloaded it to the PLC to make output lights work, and I see no problems with setting up I/O.

What I would like to know is how do I force an output high? Or, how do I force a relay contact while monitoring . . . .

Also any suggestions as to how to set up timers and counters?

(That PLC-5/15 with RSLogix 5 does those things so easily.)

Thanks,
Mad Poet.

Dear Sirs,
I have two Mitsubishi FXon-40MR-ES PLC's to play with.

I have the GX developer-FX ( Melsoft ) software Version 8.25B to program and operate them with.

I successfully put in enough logic and downloaded it to the PLC to make output lights work, and I see no problems with setting up I/O.

What I would like to know is how do I force an output high? Or, how do I force a relay contact while monitoring . . . .

Also any suggestions as to how to set up timers and counters?

(That PLC-5/15 with RSLogix 5 does those things so easily.)

Thanks,
Mad Poet.

Hello,
While monitoring, in monitor/write mode, place the cursor over the relay contact you want to toggle and press shift + enter to toggle the bit. Note if the bit you are trying to toggle is referenced elsewhere in the code, you may not be able to toggle it due to the rung conditions of the step where its coil is located. I will sometimes for testing purposes, write in an open contact referencing an arbitrary relay as a "test" bit. Just use any M bit not used anywhere else in the code. You can then toggle it on and off as you wish and remove it from the code when you are done testing.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Dear Dave,
Many Thanks.
I did learn (after my posting) that I could force an output not in my program high and low.

How about how do I install a counter or timer in the program?

Thanks,
Mad Poet.

Many thanks, Ian.
I pulled down several manuals from that site, and I think I know how to put in timers and MOV instructions.

ThanX,
Mad POet.