Mitsubishi FX Parallel link

mechtec

We have some jobs coming up that we will have to link a master and a slave using RS485 link. Reading the communications manual it says the plcs have to be of the same series. Does this mean that I cannot use an FX2N as a master and an FX1N as the slave?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am not sure about PLC to PLC or if the PLC has a special card or setting to allow the two to communicate.

I do know the protocol of the FX0/1 and FX2/3 are different.

If you are talking about Mitsubishi specific option (reffered as N:N network) then yes, it should be the same series of PLC. But on other side, you can always use Modbus for communication without problems...

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.

Thanks guys. I went on with my project and connected my FX2n master with an FX2n-485-bd module to my FX1n slave with fx2nc-485 ADP module and YES, they will talk to each other with the parallel link. Now, on to my experimental programs to see just what I can do with this.