Mitsubishi HMI Question

Directorone

Hello all,

I searched through several of pages looking for information on Mitsubishi HMIs but most of the threads were at least six years old. My plant is looking into standardizing our HMIs and Mitsubishi is what we are looking at. I have researched several other options but for our specific application use, Mitsubishi would be the best fit. Do any of you have any reviews or feedback on Mitsubishi HMIs. Hopefully the GOT1000 series by chance?

Thank you for your help.

Hi
I am programming the GOT's regularily.
Easy to program - If you get the new ones the USB programming port is on the front - Handy.
Most HMI's are efficient and perform well.
If you already Have Mits' PLC's they will be your best bet.
However What else do you have?

Currently we use Allen Bradley PLC's. I know the Mitsubishi connectivity is a lot more seamless (Especially with ladder editing from the HMI) but my company wishes to stay solely with Allen Bradley PLC's.

The Panelveiw is as good but harder to program.
Mits' HMI is fine
Also look at Red Lion
Because you have AB it is easier to Network the entire factory If you need to.
Not all Mit's screens will talk to AB easily - you need to standardise on the sizez that do.
As with all AB plc's the comms setup is a pain -
I have not attempted ladder editing from Mits to AB
Have you had success with that?

I like the Mitsubishis as well, very soild and as Ian said, nice to work with. Be very wary of connectivity with ABs, still having issues with an application (not Mitsu). If you have older ABs, investigate the comms thoroughly before committing.
tommy23t