Mitsubishi MR-J2S-10B

mike63

Hi all,hope someone can help,have a servo as mentioned in title ,replaced back up battery and about 36 hrs later got an alarm (code 92) battery voltage lowering , replaced battery again with another new one dates goodon battery,again alarm reoccured after about 12 hrs,servo was then replaced but again after about 12 hrs alarm came back ,have checked all connections,any ideas ?????

Battery is used on some servos (including Mitsubishi MR-J2S) to power encoder when machine is shut down. This permits use of quadrature encoder as an absolute position feedback (encoder runs on battery and keeps track of position during power down). If the batteres get drained too fast, check for any leaks. Measure battery current draw without encoder cable connected (any leak in the drive?), then with drive and cable only (leak in cable) and then with motor connected. Consult manual or manufacturer for normal value...