Mitsubishi PLC replacment

jshiepe

To the Mitsubishi PLC gurus out there, I have a question. We have a machine with a FX2C-128 that we are considering replacing with the "latest and greatest". We do not own any programming software for the PLC, and any program changes were always made by the OEM and sent to us on an EEPROM that we would just plug in and go.

I was wondering if there was a "drop in" replacement for this PLC that we would be able to just plug in this pre-programmed EEPROM and be up and running, or will it be more involved than that? I'm an AB guy, so I have no knowledge of Mitsubishi PLC's or how they are configured, so any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

You cannot put the eeprom in the 'latest and greatest' such as the FX3 or the Q series as the addressing memory will be different. (besides not actually fitting)

If you had the gx-dev software you could convert it for the latest plc but I have to ask, why would you. The FX2C is still a nice bit of kit.

We've been told that the FX2C is obsolete and the machine that it is installed on is starting to play a more critical role in our business. We don't want to wind up in a jam in the middle of a production run if something were to happen to the FX2C.

I appreciate your concerns and I misread the model number.

I mistook your FX2C for a FX2N(C)

You are correct in that the fx2c is obsolete and its replacement is the FX2N(C)

This is an expensive 'spare' for a just in case senario but if it eases your worries maybe not.

To change it to FX2N should not be a major problem, I don't know the model you have but I have converted FX to FX2N without problems.