Mitsubishi Q series: Error light on Q68DAIN module...

Mas01

One of the Q68DAIN modules (analogue output) has an ERROR light on...rack 0 slot 11, see picture. I cycled the PLC power which cleared it for a while, but it always come back. The spec says that buffer memory address Un/G19 holds the applicable error code, but Un/G19 is not currently monitored and I was unsure of how to include this in the ANALOGUE window.
Can anyone suggest what the code should be for this?

Screenshot_20220203_135557.jpg IMG_20220203_140943.jpg

Previously I showed you how to read the buffer memory of any card. You can simply do this again and read the fault code if it's just a one time thing. Or add some logic to read this memory area from the card...Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly.

Previously I showed you how to read the buffer memory of any card. You can simply do this again and read the fault code if it's just a one time thing. Or add some logic to read this memory area from the card...Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly.

Thanks, I'll try and dig out that previous thread.
Basically, I'm trying to figure out why the error is occurring. By reading Un/G19 this should give me the associated error code and help me to diagnose the problem. This is my (admittedly limited) understanding of how to diagnose the error.

Thanks, I'll try and dig out that previous thread.
Basically, I'm trying to figure out why the error is occurring. By reading Un/G19 this should give me the associated error code and help me to diagnose the problem. This is my (admittedly limited) understanding of how to diagnose the error.

Best course of action is refresh your memory on how to read card buffer memory directly as it is a very useful skill. Then figure out how to add some logic to read the code from the card as that is also very useful to know how to do. At the same time see if you can interpret what the manual tells you the fault code means as that is probably the most important skill of all lol. I think you have the information you need already to complete all of this.

Best course of action is refresh your memory on how to read card buffer memory directly as it is a very useful skill. Then figure out how to add some logic to read the code from the card as that is also very useful to know how to do. At the same time see if you can interpret what the manual tells you the fault code means as that is probably the most important skill of all lol. I think you have the information you need already to complete all of this.

Thanks again. I dug out my notes based on your reply previously... below is the error code for G19...it is 603 (decimal). The spec section 8.1 says error code 60x means "the specified digital value is outside the valid range, where x indicates the channel number where the error occurred", hence in my case, channel 3....so I need to dig a little deeper now and see what's connected to channel 3 and why it's out of range.
I've not made any code updates at this point. You are right, that just reading the buffer memory might be all that's needed.
Cheers!

IMG_20220203_144232.jpg

Thanks again. I dug out my notes based on your reply previously... below is the error code for G19...it is 603 (decimal). The spec section 8.1 says error code 60x means "the specified digital value is outside the valid range, where x indicates the channel number where the error occurred", hence in my case, channel 3....so I need to dig a little deeper now and see what's connected to channel 3 and why it's out of range.
I've not made any code updates at this point. You are right, that just reading the buffer memory might be all that's needed.
Cheers!

Great, sounds like you are on the right track.

Thanks @PLCDontUQuitOnMe, problem sorted now. The out-of-range value was caused by an error in a multiplication conversion factor before sending the analogue output. Error light gone and G19 is now zero.

IMG_20220203_155529.jpg