Mitsubishi R04 CPU FBD/LAD Long_Timer

cottagewood

Hi, does anyone have experience with the Off Delay Long Timer function in GX works 3,
I need a PV greater than T#2147483ms
If I use Long Timer for the data type for PT I get a compile error

From the manual:
2.Delay time setting

The valid setting range of (n) is T#1ms to T#2147483ms. Note that the valid setting range will be as follows by changing the timer limit setting using the engineering tool.
Minimum value
Identical to the long timer setting value [ms] in the timer limit setting.
Note that if the long timer setting value is smaller than 1ms, the minimum value will be 1ms.

Maximum value
The time satisfying the following condition is used.
Note that the maximum value is a value that can be included within the range of time type because the delay time setting value is of time type (32-bit value).
・Delay time setting value [ms] ≤ 2147483647 [ms] × Long timer setting value of in the timer limit setting [ms]
[Example]
・If the long timer setting value is 0.001ms: T#1ms to T#2147483ms
・If the long timer setting value is 1000ms: T#1000ms to T#2147483000ms

Why not just increment a double word every second (special relay for second pulse)or a single word that will give you 32767 seconds for a single word & create your own timer, in actual fact when compiled the IEC timers are just that.
It calls a subroutine that just increments a word or Dword based on the timebase & returns so create your own.

An option is to use a regular timer that trips a counter every minute and then resets. The counter can be used to initiate the desired logic.

I have a feeling that the long timer must be an add on function block as although the Rcpu in it's parameters mentions long timers did not find one in the normal function selection. As tom states either use a timer or clock bit to count or just increment a Dword like I posted.

I have just found it I think.
Go to PLC parameters & set long timer to 1000.00ms
Then place a timer, put T#400m in the pv
it does compile
here is it running 6hours 40 mins

Long timer.png

The last post is a standard timer just change the long timer ms in the PLC Parameters to 1000.00ms then use the TON/TOF but put your time value in
I.e. T#6h20m0s