Mitsubishi

AWade

We have a Mitsubishi A3A PLC set up with a Melsec Net2 (F/O) network (to allow remote I/O) (thru AJ71AP21 Card).
We are trying to set up a Serial Card (AJ71UC24) on the remote rack in order to communicate to other peripheral equipment.
We keep getting "Operation Error" when program is run.
What do we need to set up on the Network and/or PLC for it to allow the use of the serial card?
Any help is appreciated!

First thing is to call tech support then get the 'real' manuals
instead of downloaded ones, then read them both and then
commit suicide ;)
Now, back to your question, what do you want to do?
What is that "other" equipment (barcode scanner, tag reader ...?)
and do you know the port settings (protocol, speed,
parity etc.)? What does the diagnostic say?
What is the error number?

Mitsubishi Update

We have contacted Mitsubishi directly, and they are looking into the issue. The manuals are not as good as they could be.
The "other" equipment is a flow control unit (for controlling paint delivery with an atomizer).
All of the communication parameters have been set through the hardware and we are able to communicate to the unit through the serial card if the card is set up in the main rack. It is when we move the card to the remote rack that we cannot establish communication. This must have to do with the network (Setup or Parameters).
As far as the error number and dianostic, we will run again and record in more detail.
Thanks.

Network parameters should not have any effect on this since
UC24 is just a serial card, not the network card
(Ethernet, MelsecNet, CC-Link...).
Unless A3A CPU has limitations preventing you from running
this type of card in remote rack, I would think that
configuration of the card or PLC paramteres are not correct.
Check the I/O assignment and make sure the base address
and assigned I/O range are correct.

You hit the nail on the head panic.
The serial card cannot be installed on a remote station of the MELSECNET2 or MELSECNET/B networks.
This information was found by an associate, who went through the manuals thoroughly.
Thanks for your time.