Mitsubushi E1100 clock errors

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have an installed E1100 on a site which has a fault whereby the RTC is changing randomly, causing scheduling eerors with the process equipment. Has anyone experienced this? My distributor is suggesting the on board battery is faulty but the battery alarm is not indicating on the HMI

Cheers

I have had problems with the batteries only lasting 18 months on one E1071. It is easy enough to swap the battery so that would be my first try. If you still have problems then look at using the clock in the PLC rather than the HMI go to Setup/Date Time Format and select which clock to use and set the transfer registers.

For info on how to change the battery go to www.beijerelectronics.com / Support / Downloads / Products / Operator Panels / click on Exter then Manuals and download the Service and Maintenance manual. Section 3.6.8 is how to change the battery, the battery is a CR2450 they cost £2.50 ish from RS.

Regards

Bryan

Hi Bryan
Did you HMI experience clock issues? bear in mind that they are not cycling power. I have already ordered some batteries and a torx T10 but thanks for the info

The HMI was in its cardboard box, so no I didn't have clock issues, except that when I powered the thing up the time wasn't set. I don't know that I can blame Beijer/Mitsi for the problem, I get the feeling that there are number of duff batteries/components coming out of China.

The instructions say that you might also need some hot melt glue and gun, it depends on the orientation of the battery socket on that HMI and the orientation of the HMI.

Bryan