ML 1100 communication with Lantronix Xpress DR

srv

Hi,

I am using a Lantronix Xpress DR device for converting RS232/RS 485 to modbus TCP for communicating Micrologix 1100 in modbus as its serial port is not supporting Modbus TCP.I configured PLC's serial port for modbus slave communication and using 1763-NC01 cable for connecting ML 1100 to Lantronix Xpress device.Xpress DR is using standard tunnel firmware.i couldnot communicate with PLC to the device.Do i need to upgrate Lantronix device firmware to Modbus bridge to get communication.I directly connected 1763-NC01 cable's A,B terminals to lantronix 3,4 terminals and interconnected 1 & 4,2&3 of lantronix device.Is the connection ok.Do i need to connect a terminal resistance between 1& 2 terminals of Lantronix device or is there any resistance connected in 1763-NC01 cable itself.Please explain me how i can get communication with Lantronix Xpress DR and ML 1100 and configure Lantronix device for Modbus TCP communication

What is the Modbus/TCP peer controller in this case ? Can you describe the configuration of the message that you are targeting the Lantronix device with ?

I would expect you need to configure the Lantronix device as a Modbus proxy, rather than using the standard Tunneling function. As I understand it, you need to have the "-IAP" version, rather than the standard XPress-DR device, to install Modbus or DF1 protocols.

I updated firmware to modbus and configured serial parameters through telnet.After installing modbus firmware,lantronix device is not communicating with device installer,how i can resolve this problem.

I was written DStni Xpress DR on the product.when check with device installer I found DR-IAP there.I am not familiar with lantronix devices.

Any update on this topic? I am also trying to communicate from a MODBUS TCP Master to a MODBUS RTU slave with a Lantronix UDS1100. I can't find where to put my slave node address.

Any update on this topic? I am also trying to communicate from a MODBUS TCP Master to a MODBUS RTU slave with a Lantronix UDS1100. I can't find where to put my slave node address.

I have been using a MOXA 3170 to do the deed. Works very well in my application. I would also not to put an opto-isolator in the serial connection if its near a VFD device.