ML 1400 PLC MSG to ABB 880 VFD Via FENA11

snakes79

Hello all.
Working on a centrifuge for a customer. They have ACS880 ABB Vfd's installed, and need them to talk VIA the FENA card Ethernet to the Micrologix 1400 PLC.

ABB's website has an example program that I started with and am successful in using their example with assemblies: 21(write), 71(read).

https://search.abb.com/library/Down...anguageCode=en&DocumentPartId=1&Action=Launch Pages 197-198

After starting up the equipment, turns out the torque and amps were originally being used in the program via RIO with AB Powerflex VFD's.

So I attempted to use the 123(write) and 173(read) assemblies which have extended information in 25 bytes to/from the VFD. (Pages 205-207 FENA manual).

The extended profile doesn't communicate, and the vfd gives comms. faults. I increased the number of bytes in the MSG instruction to 25 (Size in Bytes recieve box), but still no luck.
The VFD parameter group 50 , 51, 52, I have the ABB ACDC profile enabled, not sure if there is another parameter in the VFD that needs to match the extended profile.

Any advice to get this to communicate?

Let's hope that your customer is not one of the front companies for Iran/North Korea, otherwise I may be in trouble as well.

Try 26 bytes for 123, 173.

The fall back is to use 22, 72