ML 1400 STI...always on.

Skidood

Pulling my hair out again.

I'm using RS Emulate 500
I have read everything I possibly can in the 1400 reference manual.
My STI is working, but I only want it to run during certain times.
In other words, I want it to run for a few minutes, enabled by an XIC bit.
I have been trying the STS, UIE and UID instructions.
Doesn't matter if Auto Start is enabled or disabled.
It either executes all the time or won't execute at all.

What am I missing?

UPDATE: I got this working, although all the documentation from RA did not simply state what I needed to read....I can't understand how they can write a bazillion words and not include a SIMPLE way to do something. And I thought I was bad when it comes to overthinking things.
Anyway, here is what I had to do. The OTE is preceded by a XIC input.
I'm sure there is another way, but I sure didn't find it after 3 hours of ^&%$**%#

dd.png

Remember that the STI is a precision interrupt in the MicroLogix, so it may not work with the same precision and timing in RSEmulate 500.

In fact, I know there was a bug a couple of years ago when you were emulating a MicroLogix 1200 or 1500 that would cause the STI to run continuously, instead of at the STI interval.

There are a handful of other things that Emulate 500 can't do, of course. Physical interrupts and HSCs, and even the RTC doesn't increment (it's based on a hardware device, just like DII's and HSCs).

Emulate 500 is a useful little program, but for real checkout of some applications you do need the hardware.