ML1100 communication mess

So far I've confirmed ASCII is being sent out from the PLC by using Hyperterminal. I've confirmed from the MC Edit client (software for the Mecco printer) that it is communicating at 9600 8 O 1. I have a feeling its not in the communication link itself, its the info I'm sending to the Mecco it doesn't like. I'm supposed to send 10 hex (DLE), my data text, then 0A (LF), 03 (ETX), 03 (ETX) also in hex.
When I type in my hex code in ASCII it changes it to something else. For example I type in \10\30\31\32\0A\03\03 and it changes it to ^P012^J^C^C. Which is the equiv translation of Hex to Ascii. I'm thinking his machine can't accept this altered string.

The change is just for your visual benefit to emphasize the CTRL nature of that particular code.

Which instruction are you using to send the message?

Can you post at least the communication setup and the instruction used?

And do you have the actual pinout of the port on the printer?

Last edited:
Got it working! Mecco had me run the print code to HyperTerm to verify correct syntax. Then we discovered that I should be using the null modem adapter with the cable on COM 2 which is the Bar Code scanner port of all things. They might update thier manual to show this for PLC operations. Thank you for all your help and ideas!