Modbus Plus Pinouts

cal321

Hello,

I need to connect a Modbus Plus PCI-85 Interface Adapter (416NHM30030A) to a Quantum Unity module (CPU 434 12A) but cannot find any pinout in the documentation of these equipements.

Can you please help me out? Maybe by checking the pins of a proprietary Modbus Plus cable?

Thanks in advance!

Modbus plus networks are usually made up with special connectors from schneider, a quick google gives these part numbers.

The Modbus Plus specification states that the following Modicon parts are to be used when wiring a Modbus plus network.

AS-MBKT-085: This connector is used for inline Modbus Plus device connections. If your module is going to be a drop in the middle of a Modbus Plus network, then use this Modicon connector.

MBKT-185: This connector is used for end point Modbus Plus device connections. If your module is going to be at the end of your Modbus Plus network, then use this Modicon connector.

HTH