Modbus Registers

I found an old manual from 1981 for the Modicon Micro 84 and found I misspoke.

The addressing is decimal, not octal. The numeric data in 3xxx and 4xxx memory is interpreted as BCD. That particular model also includes 2xxx memory addressing for sequencers.
None of the above has any bearing on the Modbus protocol. The Modbus spec doesn't care about how the data transmitted is to be interpreted. And there aren't any Modbus command codes for 2xxx memory.

On old Modicon Bits inside words where also swapped. So if you readed word address bit %MWx.15 on old PLC it pointed on PLC to address %MW.x0 or %MW.x7 not sure anymore if it was 0 or 7.

Still if you readed whole word register on word command then value was same on both new (recent PLCs) and old modicons.

This was probably from endian difference and byte swap.

Similar Topics

Good day guys. I have a third party device with its Modbus registers which I want to copy/set up on a plc because I need to convert my Modbus tcp...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I want to read a register in HC900 honeywell but I am not understanding. https://ibb.co/2dNDsmk In this link are the things I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am attempting to add some IO Discrete tags to a AVEVA InTouch project (version 2020). These tags use the MBTCP driver and attempt to map...
Replies
Views
Platform: CCW, 2080-LC50-24QBB, Using 2080-SERIALISOL card Task: Writing Multiple Registers Using Modbus RTU (RS485) Problem: I am attempting...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am working on project to pull data from G4/G5 ABB Totalflows via a modbus master/data radio. I don't have a physical totalflow with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom