Modbus RTU - VersaMax - Yokogawa CS3000

fujiyamoma

Hi!
I am trying to get Modbus RTU communications going between a Versamax PLC and a Yokogawa CS3000 ALR121 card by way of a 4-wire RS485 link. I have the pin fan-out correctly set for the VersaMax and the 5 wires on the terminal on the CS3000.
9600bps, even parity, 8 bit, 1 bit stop, no error detection and I can't seem to get any communication link between the two. I have the 120ohm terminator on the RXA/B set up for both.
Anyone might have an idea of what I can use to determine if the communication is happening but somehow timing-out, some box/device with LED or something to see what turns on/off, and maybe some insights on speed (9600 bps might be too slow or too fast). We tried 1200 bps it did not work either.
The cable I use is a CAT5e cable patch cable, cut on both end and I used a crimper and crimped pins for the DB25 connector for the versamax.
Thank you in advance for any clue you may offer.