Modbus to Factory Talk to Micrologix

NiagaraPLC

Does anyone know how to add a tag with Kepserver 5.19 which uses Modbus TCP/IP and
move a floating register into a PLC register.I cannot go from the Webmaster to our micrologixs 1400 as I cannot get it to communicate.The webmaster uses Modbus Registers
and I have tried everything to make the PLC talk to the Webmaster.I can get the data
from the Kepserver.I just want to take 1 register and transfer it into a PLC reg via factory talk if possible.

NiagaraPLC
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by NiagaraPLC

Do you have Modbus addresses set up for your Micrologix 1400?

I am pretty sure that you will have to use integer register types and then CPW the integer data into the desired floating point location. Some drivers use byte andor word order different from others so it might be necessary to swap words or bytes before doing the CPW. The Kepserver software may have the right stuff out of the box specifically for Modbus to a Micrologix...I don't know. I also don't know anything about the Webmaster you mention.

I think you will need to provide more details to get a good answer. You can zip your rss file and attach it to a post (if you are allowed by your company).