Modbus - Working with floating points

They are addressed as %MF, be careful though as they use the same address space as %MW

You also need to make sure you are reading them the right way round, if you are addressing them from SCADA or and HMI there is a usually setting for which way round the words are

Edit: so jst looked at your user name and question again and am putting 2 and 2 togetther and suspecting you are addressing from SCADA, in that case you just declare them as REAL and %MW in the SCADA app (thats if it allows native addressing which Citect does if you use Modnet30) or as its modbus address and the driver will take the n and n+1 address and know its a REAL

Last edited:
tragically1969 said:
declare them as REAL and (SNIP) the driver will take the n and n+1 address and know its a REAL
Is thet term "Real" a synonym for "floating point"? Are the two considered to be the same thing?

Dan