Modbuss tcp to mqtt

secs

Hey all.

Looking for a 24v module that can act as a modbus tcp slave and also a MQTT client. I want to be able to send modbus data to an external mqtt server and also have it read MQTT and update modbus registers. Can anyone suggest such a unit

How programmable do you need it to be ? What other functions do you want ?

My first instinct would be to reach for a Red Lion Data Station; Modbus/TCP and MQTT connectors are native parts of the DA10D and DA30D.

Or, I would get an industrialized Linux computer like the Kunbus Revolution Pi, or the Opto-22 GROOV, or Weidmuller UC20, and run Node-Red, which has both MQTT connectivity and Modbus/TCP.

We've been looking at this from a OPC point of view rather than modbus, and we opted for Cogent Datahub (IOTGateway)

Another option for a few tags may be Node-Red which can be installed on Linux and on windows. Node -red will support modbus and will support MQTT.