Mode selection, TIA V11

somlioy

Hi

I have problems figuring out how to solve my problem in a proper way;

I have a series of Digital outputs on my plc which I want to turn on in different combinations depending on a selection switch (4 modes).

Lets say in mode 1, I want Q0.0, Q0.2 and Q0.4 to be turned on. In mode 2 I want Q0.1, Q0.3, Q0.5 to be turned on and so on.

I hope someone got a good answer for how to solve this in a proper way.

Using S7-315 and TIA v11

I forgot to mention that some outputs will be used several times. Check attachment.

It dosent seem to like that. When I'm enabling mode 1, I can see the blocks are glowing green in my program with monitoring on, but not in S7-PLCSIM

Uten navn.jpg

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum!

You are asking for help for a very basic function.
Perhaps you would benefit from spending some time with a tutorial?
Here you find Siemens training site:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...a_basics_step7_programming/Pages/Default.aspx

Maybe you'll find something on Youtube also.

Back to your question:

It is n'ty ways to do this, here is one:

Use OB1, select ladder visualisation:

Instert a ladder rung with a coil per output, assign the output numbers.
Add NO and NC contacts to the rungs to switch your outputs on according to the input pattern from the selector.

More info needed to suggest something more specific.

Kalle

Or:
Q0.0=IN_Mode1 or IN_Mode3..
Q0.1=IN_Mode2 and IN_MOde4...
etc
See manuals and Basics of digital logics

Since you are using the (=) coil, only the very last statement will be the one that corresponds to the actual status of the outputs.

Example:

A I0.0
= Q0.0

A I0.1
= Q0.0

A I0.2
= Q0.0

It doesn't matter whether I0.0 or I0.1 are set or not, only the status of I0.2 is important as that's the last place in the scan where the status of Q0.0 is being set.