Modicon 984-685 to PanelviewPlus

sparky mark

Does anyone know how to get a Panelview Plus 1000 to communicate to a Modicon 984 PLC?
The original MMI is to be replaced with the Panelview Plus.
The MMI is only communicating to one PLC.
I think the original XYCOM MMI used a serial cable to a port on the face of the PLC CPU.

Do I need software drivers or a communication module with a standard Panelview Plus?

Yes and No. Read post...

PP+s and the software used to develop applications came with a host of Kepware drivers for a multitude of controllers and communication types.
Modicons use Modbus,and Modbus RTU, Ethernet and Serial, just to name a few.
The STD PP+ ships with a serial inteface that can be converted to other types in the software supplied.
Take a look at the PV+ manuals and Factory View ME, RsView Studio ME, and a host of other versions of the SAME software that Rockwell released.
I have not used Modicons since the Concept years, and have not even turned back. All AB and Siemens. So, maybe there are some others that can put in their Modicon experience.

Definately, the PV+ will support your application.